10 Small Business Lessons I Wish I Knew Two Years Ago
It’s rather remarkable how quickly one learns to swim when thrown into the deep end. A new business is like that. One challenge after the next. I’ve learned a ton in the two years since I’ve opened the doors to Insight29. Things I might or might not have not been told in the past, but didn’t really connect to until I experienced them firsthand. Here are 10 important things that I’ve learned over the past 24 months (and here’s the entire Business2Community article).
- Don’t be afraid to go (or stay) narrow.
- Always be helpful and generous.
- Ask for reviews.
- Be generous with time, but set a fair price and charge it.
- Charge for value.
- Ask for help.
- Always keep prospecting.
- Practice what you preach.
- Know when to call it a day.
- Give something back.